World War II
We have just finished a class project on World War II. We divided up into groups of three. Each group had a different topic to research. We used the laptops to do our research and type it up. Then we presented our findings to the class. Finally we made a podcast of our findings. It was good fun!
Here are some of the most interesting facts that we learned:
- The atomic bomb that was dropped onHiroshimawas called ‘Fat Man’ and ‘Little Boy’ was dropped onNagasaki.
- Hitler’s Dad changed Hitler’s name to Adolf when he was 13 years old.
- Albert Einstein was German but he advised the Americans on how to make the atomic bombs.
- It wasn’t just Jews put in the concentration camps, gypsies, political prisoners, ethnic minorities… were put in also.
- The Jewish spoke their own language called ‘Yiddish’.
- Dublinwas bombed by accident instead ofManchester.
- D-Day was delayed by a day due to bad weather.
- 250,000 Jews leftGermanyand the rest were put into concentration camps.
- There were only 5 midget-subs in the world. Four were destroyed atPearlHarbourand the other one was captured.
- To make an atomic bomb you have to split an atom!
- D-Day was also called ‘Operation Overlord’
Our Podcast!! World War II podacst final
By 6th Class