The Board of Management (BOM) of Ransboro National School consists of a committed group of people who have the responsibility of overseeing the running of the school. The Board of Management is appointed for a period of four years and meets at least five times a year.
Structure of the Board
A ‘Core Board’ consisting of: ·
* Two nominees of the patron, Bishop Christopher Jones
* Two parent nominees, a mother and a father, elected from parents of pupils attending the school
* A Teacher Nominee, elected by teachers in the school.
* The School Principal.
The Core Board must then appoint two members from the wider community.
The current BOM began their term of office in November 2015 and consists of the following:
* Mr. Dan Scannell, Chairperson, Patron’s Nominee
* Fr. Christopher Mc Crann, Patron’s Nominee
* Mrs. Siobhán Clarke, School Principal
* Ms. Caroline Hynes, Teachers’ Nominee
* Mr. Benny O’ Loughlin, Parents’ Nominee
* Mrs. Silvana Zec, Parent’s Nominee
* Mr. Micheál Henehan, Community Representative
* Mrs. Bridie Kelly, Community Representative